INTUIT PAYMENT SOLUTIONS
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
By accessing or using our card, ACH and other payment processing services (collectively "Services") under the Intuit Merchant Agreement, you agree to be bound by this Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") and any additional terms, conditions, rules or policies that are provided to you in connection with the Services. This AUP is subject to change without notice.
1. Purpose. The purpose of this AUP is to comply with relevant laws and card or payment association (e.g. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, NACHA) rules and policies; to specify to you what activities are considered an unacceptable use of the Services; to protect the integrity of our payment network; and to specify the consequences that may flow from undertaking any prohibited activities.
2. Unlawful Activity; Fraudulent, Deceptive or Unfair Business Practices. Services may only be used for lawful purposes and activities. If we determine, or have reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that you are engaging, or have engaged, in any illegal activities, activities prohibited under our AUP, or in business practices that we deem fraudulent, deceptive and/or unfair, we may take corrective action (with or without notice to you) including, but not limited to: blocking a transaction; holding settlement or funds associated with a prohibited transaction; suspending, restricting or terminating your use of the Services and the Merchant Agreement. You may also incur substantial fees, assessments, fines and other related expenses.
3. Prohibited Merchants. If any of the following apply to you, you are ineligible (or may become ineligible) to use our Services:
- Your use of Services may cause us not to be compliant with any card association rules/policies or us not to be in compliance with any laws or regulations.
- You are domiciled, a resident of a country, or have a principal place of business outside of the U.S.
- You transact in currency other than the U.S. currency.
- You transact more than 50% international transactions in any given month without our prior approval.
- You are involved in any fraudulent or illegal activity (for example, child pornography, illegal drugs, counterfeit or stolen items, prostitution) or your business is likely to notoriety or reputational damage to Intuit or any card associations or NACHA.
- You are listed on the VISA Terminated Merchant File, MasterCard MATCH, or any other similar prohibited merchant list.
- You are operating in a jurisdiction or identified as a sponsor of international terrorism; listed on the U.S. Department of State's Terrorist Exclusion List; or listed on the U.S. Department of Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control's, Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List.
- You transact for sales of goods or services where the cardholder will not take full possession for greater than 90 days without prior review or consent.
4. Prohibited Activities and Business. Some merchants or business are not eligible (or become ineligible) to use our Services. We may terminate your Merchant Agreement without prior notice to you if you fall into one of the following categories and/or accept payment for the following prohibited activities provided below.
|Prohibited Business Type||Description
(Note: this list is not exhaustive and we may, at our sole discretion, modify this list without notice.)
|Adult Services||Lingerie or passion parties; adult DVD rentals/sales; adult novelties; massage parlors (without licensed massage therapists); escort services; adult digital content; mail order bride services; dating/match-making services|
|Aggregated Merchant Accounts Money Service Business||Payment facilitators; e-wallets; crowd funding products; money transmission services|
|Auctions/Consignment||Online penny auctions; bid-to-bid; auction services; online consignment shops|
|Bankruptcy Services||Bankruptcy attorneys; collection attorneys; factoring companies; liquidation services|
|Check Cashing/Guarantee||Check cashing services; check guarantee services|
|Credit Repair/Counseling, Credit/Identity Protection||Credit repair services; credit counseling or credit repair services; credit protection or identity theft protection|
|Debt Collection||Collection agencies and any business engaged in the collection of debt; factoring companies; third party medical billing|
|Diplomatic Mission||Permanent or semi-permanent diplomatic missions, high commissions, consulates, embassy and related services including: government issued ID, passport, diplomas|
|Drug Paraphernalia||Equipment, or material that is for making, using, or concealing legal drugs|
|Financial or other Regulated Products, Services, Securities, and Stored Value||Banks, credit unions, shell banks, saving and loans associations, including services such as the sale of equities, trusts, mutual funds offered through a financial institution, stock brokerage, manual cash disbursements, transfers involving virtual currency, stored value cards, credit services, bearer shares|
|Hazardous Materials and Pyrotechnic Devices||Automated fuel dispensers; toxic, flammable, and radioactive materials and substances; gunpowder; explosives|
|Gambling||Casino chips; bookmakers; federal, state and local lotteries; bingo; internet gambling; off-track betting; racetracks; casinos.|
|Marijuana Dispensaries||Marijuana in any form for the sale of any purpose including medicinal/homeopathic|
|Multi-Level Marketing/Pyramids||Online payment randomizers; pyramid and Ponzi schemes; wealth creation programs; paid to click schemes and other similar programs|
|Occult Services/Goods||Mail order, phone or online palm readers; psychic services; astrology services|
|Pawn Shop||Stores that offer loans in exchange for personal property as equivalent|
|Regulated MOTO Businesses||Business that are not conducted face-to-face and are regulated by state and federal authorities including: mail order, phone or online ("MOTO") animal/pet sales; MOTO tobacco sales (cigars, flavored/loose or synthetic tobacco, electronic cigarettes, nicotine, smoking paraphernalia); MOTO firearms and weapons sales; MOTO pharmacies and pharmacy referral sites; MOTO alcohol sales; and MOTO fireworks and related goods|
|Travel||Travel packages and offers; travel services, including third party booking sites, flight, cruise; travel clubs/certificates; timeshares and resellers of timeshare; airlines|
|Telephone/Telecommunications||Local/long distance services or software; VOIP; pre-paid phone cards; pre-paid phone service|
|Other High Risk Business Types||Any business whose business type has had historically high occurrence of fraud or disputed charges/transactions. Examples of such high-risk business types are listed below. This list is not exhaustive and we may, at our sole discretion, modify this list without notice.
5. Prohibited Transactions. You further agree not to use the Services in connection with any of the following prohibited transactions or payment processing practices:
- Processing a transaction for the purpose of adding funds to an account (i.e. account funding transactions or factoring).
- Allowing international customers to pay in the currency of their home currency.
- Processing any quasi-cash transactions.
- Processing transactions for another business.
- Splitting a single transaction into two or more sale receipts.
- Processing a transaction for the purchase of scrip or substitute money.
6. Compliance Monitoring; Violations of this Policy. We will monitor your transactions and activities for potential violations of this AUP. Monitoring includes, but is not limited to, reviewing your accounts for retrievals, returns, chargebacks, and/or by using a third party information or source. We encourage you to contact us if you believe you may be in violation of this AUP. We reserve the right to take any corrective action (with or without notice to you) as we deem necessary to mitigate our risk or ensure compliance with this AUP, including but not limited to: blocking a transaction; holding funds associated with a prohibited transaction; suspending, restricting or terminating your use of the Services, and Merchant Agreement. You may also incur substantial fees, assessments, fines and other related expenses from us, the card associations (i.e. Visa, MasterCard) and/or our sponsor banks. You may also be liable to us for any damages assessed upon us as a result of your prohibited activity and you agree to reimburse us for any and all assessments, fines and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees incurred by us and/or levied on us by a card association or our sponsor banks.