On the day your successful small business gets big enough to hire an accountant, you may relish the thought of delegating this responsibility to someone else.
At the same time, the decision is nerve-wracking, since you will be entrusting an outside professional with sensitive financial information.
Whether you’re starting a new business or navigating a complex payroll process, a small business tax accountant can help you find new deductions and file your taxes on time. There are ten signs that can tell you it’s time to hire an accountant:
- You’re starting a new business
- You’re creating a business plan
- Tax season is here
- You’re being audited
- Your payroll is more complex
- You’re applying for a business loan
- You're interested in franchise opportunities
- You’re selling a business
- You have multiple businesses
- You’re short on time
Let’s dive into each a bit more.