If you’re new to filing taxes as a small business owner, you might feel a little intimidated by the process. And you probably have questions like these: How can I be sure I’m using the correct forms? How do I prepare my business financial records for tax season? How do I file my taxes as a business? What if I need an extension due to the impact of COVID?
We have all those answers and more in our guide to small business tax returns. Keep reading for a comprehensive overview of how to file business taxes, or skip to the navigation links below.
- What are business taxes?
- Why do small businesses file tax returns?
- What’s the self-employment tax?
- What are business tax deductions?
- How to file and pay your small business or self-employment taxes
- Gather your records for tax filing
- Know what IRS forms you need
- Fill out the tax forms
- Know your tax deadlines
- Know your tax extensions
- Tax filing for small businesses
- Getting extra help to file your business taxes: It’s time for a virtual accountant