Here’s our QuickBooks Online U.S. update for September!
Introducing bundles1 for easy grouping of items
A bundle is a group of items that you can sell and track in QuickBooks. For example, you can create a bundle called Garden Fountain Bundle, which consists of items Concrete, Rock Fountain, and Fountain Pump.
Group items you often sell together into bundles so you can easily add multiple items to transactions.
Some other notes about bundles:
- Bundles can have up to 50 items.
- There is no additional markup or change in price for bundles. (Bundles aren’t assemblies.) The price of a bundle = The total price of all its items.
- You can’t track quantity on hand for bundles.
How to create a bundle
- Click Gear > Lists > Products and Services > New > Bundle.
- Enter the bundle name, SKU, description, and which products/services are included.
- Choose whether you want to display bundle items when printing or sending transactions.
How to add a bundle to a form
- Add a bundle just like any other item. For example, click Create (+) > Invoice to add the bundle to an invoice.
The form shows whether you chose to show/hide bundle items, either “Your customer won’t see any of the items in this bundle” or “Your customer will see all items in this bundle.”
- You can search for bundles by name or SKU like any other item.
- Once you add a bundle to a form, you can add, edit, and delete items. You can also discount the bundle.
- Bundles are available in QuickBooks Online Essentials and QuickBooks Online Plus only. For more info about bundles, see the help topics Create a bundle and Use bundles in transactions.
- To try updates using sample data, check out the QuickBooks Online test drive.
- Missed any recent QuickBooks Online updates? See our release notes archive.
One more thing: do you use QuickBooks invoicing?
The QuickBooks Online team is looking for feedback on invoicing. If you’re interested, please give us your feedback in this quick survey!
Report an issue or suggestion
Leave feedback by clicking the Gear icon in QuickBooks, and then click Feedback. This is the official way to get your ideas recorded and worked on! Learn more
Get technical support
While we would love to answer all your questions, the blog isn’t managed by customer care staff (only a lone blogger). Your fastest options to get technical support are listed on our Links page, under “Get help and give feedback.”