Business Development Articles

  • man in a web

    How to Boost Profits by Retaining Customers

    by on October 21, 2014

    Customer retention is a bit of a holy grail for small-business owners. A study done ten years ago by Bain and Company and Harvard Business School showed that a mere 5 percent increase in customer retention can translate to a bump in profits of between 25 an…

    Read » Views: 944
  • referral

    How to Use Paid Referrals to Grow Your Business

    by on October 8, 2014

    Unless your company brings in new business, it will likely have a very short life. But many small-business owners don’t have the time or the budget to conduct large advertising campaigns to try to reel in new customers. One of the most productive ways to acc…

    Read » Views: 387
  • case study

    Improve Your Marketing Strategy With a Case Study

    by on September 4, 2014

    Solidifying your position in the marketplace is all about getting the right exposure, and savvy business owners know there’s more than one way to get the job done. Blogging and staying active on social media are two of the most popular ways to get your comp…

    Read » Views: 869
  • referral money

    In the Trenches: Handling Referrals

    by on August 27, 2014

    Referrals have always been a big part of the our business model at Cranky Concierge. We’ve spent nearly nothing on paid marketing, so our growth has come primarily from my blog about the airline industry and via client referrals. While we see referrals as bein…

    Read » Views: 756
  • best_customer_relatioship-large

    The 5 Best Customer Relationship Management Services

    by on July 17, 2014

    Managing your contacts via a reliable Customer Relationship Management (CRM) service is vital to keeping your business organized and running smoothly. A long-view CRM strategy is key (and this guide can help), but when it comes down to choosing a software se…

    Read » Views: 842
  • Get-More-People-to-Open-Your-Business-Emails-large

    Get More People to Open Your Business Emails

    by on July 17, 2014

    A lot of businesses focus on improving email marketing and creating amazing newsletters for their customers. What about all the other hundreds of emails you send in the course of your week?

    Whether it’s business development, sales, partnerships, operation…

    Read » Views: 780
  • 2014_7_14-small-AM-The_Top_6_Networking_Apps

    The Top 6 Networking Apps

    by on June 26, 2014

    According to Sunil Apta, head of marketing at Harvard Business School, mobile users on average spend 82% of their mobile minutes using apps, while the remaining 18% is spent browsing the web. With over one million mobile apps on the market, and with more ad…

    Read » Views: 660
  • 2014_7_14-small-AM-Using_LinkedIn_for_Business_Development

    Using LinkedIn for Business Development

    by on June 26, 2014

    LinkedIn is not your typical social media site. You won’t find it littered with memes and videos of cute animals doing adorable things. LinkedIn is for professionals, businesspeople and companies who are looking to network, to hire candidates, to build infl…

    Read » Views: 629
Advertisement