6 business elevator pitch examples
In the world of small businesses, a clever and engaging elevator pitch can convince someone such as an angel investor that it’s worth it to help finance your business. If you’re looking for ways to fund your business, an elevator pitch to attract the right investors is a step in the right direction. Below are some elevator pitch examples that are great to use as an entrepreneur and for pitching to potential investors:
Elevator pitch example for startups
When you’re first establishing your startup, you’re not only going to pitch to investors. Co-founders, salespeople, prospective customers, advisors, mentors, and many others are among those you’ll have to impress. Here are some great example elevator pitches for startups:
1. “My company is responsible for designing and developing personalized sales funnels. This means that our customers can enjoy a flawless user experience tailored to their needs and interests. They can also receive automated solutions that help boost sales. The last client we helped saw their online revenue increase by 120%. Does your company have any experience with e-commerce automation?”
2. "My company has done business with [another company name] and we have found great success with them. Our products have helped nonprofits cut costs by 20% since they are built to [benefit]. Unlike other products, ours do not have to be replaced, which lowers extra costs. By incorporating our products into your current system, your company will run at a smoother rate. We’re actually giving a talk on this tomorrow afternoon—here’s the schedule and a list of the products we’ll be presenting if you’re interested."
Pitch example for investors
If you’re meeting investors at a conference, career fair, or another networking event, be sure to present your elevator pitch in a conversational tone. Below are some elevator pitches you can use to impress potential investors with your idea or business.
3. “After seeing the number of small businesses that struggled during the pandemic, I began a professional network of individuals who can team up to rent a shop together, rather than taking on the costs solo. I know it works because I moved my candle business in with a local florist, and we each saw a 15% increase in revenue year-over-year. With additional funding, we’re sure that we can grow this to a 30% revenue increase. Is this something you’d be interested in being part of?"
4. “We’ve created a tech company that matches empty trucks to companies looking to move cargo, so trucking companies can generate business from previously empty trips. This also helps reduce the costs of wasted fuel. We’re hoping to raise more capital so we can grow our operations and expand into additional countries. My team and I have more than 20 years of experience in the industry and are well-positioned to improve this business. With your help and funding, we’re confident our revenue will increase by 40%. Is this something you’d be interested in being part of?”
Examples for new clients
Having a prepared elevator pitch is ideal if you need to attract new clients to your small business. The examples below work well for new clients because you’re showing that you understand their niche and how you can help them.
5. “We’re a social media company specializing in B2B finance, so we know how intricate your field can be. We’ve helped a number of your peers improve their social media engagement by over 20% across platforms this past year alone. Are you interested in finding out more about how we can assist you?”
6. “Hi, my name is [name] and I’m here representing [company name]. Are you familiar with our products? By choosing us, you are making a decision to provide your employees with clean, fresh water. Our products are made with an advanced filtering system that removes dangerous pollutants and minerals from water. Since you’re based in the downtown area, I’m sure you’re aware of how important it is to have a clean water system. If you have further questions or would like to get in touch, here’s my business card.”
Now that you've seen some effective examples for several scenarios, let's learn how to craft the perfect elevator pitch to impress your audience and make that connection.