Highlighted
Content Creator
5 Comments
ProAdvisor
Re: 6 Successful Small Businesses That Started At Their Local Markets

Did you know that our very own QB Community member (and new Certified QuickBooks Proadvisor), @jessbru99568 and her family used local markets to get their start?  Four years later, Organic Bread of Heaven, has grown into a multi-channel business that produces high quality organic products which are delivered across the United States. 

Content Creator

@ParkwayInc How did I miss @jessbru99568! Of course, her family's awesome business is highlighted in this piece: Jessica Bruno’s Organic Bread of Heaven Takes “Family Business” to a Whole New Level, such a great story.

Jessica, how did you make the leap from local markets to a wider audience?

Established Community Backer ***

@ParkwayInc Thank you! Smiley Happy

@SarahGonzales it was actually a very slow process at first. We had some contacts from previous years and were able to start into our first (and still faithful) stores. Then within the first year, we were able to get into our first large chain store, then another. With the Lord's help, we have grown alot since then. Believe it or not, we are actually turning down markets and events that are begging for us. Smiley Happy We believe that in order to keep our quality and service, we can only take on what we can handle. Smiley Happy

Content Creator

@jessbru99568 Thanks for sharing! That is so impressive that your company is now in a position to turn away potential vendors. Congrats on your success! Was making the decision to "only take on what you can handle" a difficult one vs. trying to grow even more? I know a lot of entrepreneurs in this community get to the point of -- do I stay smaller and ensure the quality of my product, or do I scale up and maybe lose some of that quality control in exchange for more revenue?

Established Community Backer ***

@SarahGonzales, I guess I should explain, its not that we are turning away everything, but only the ones that we cannot fully participate in or would be able to properly service. We are definitely still growing and adding new customers almost everyday. Smiley Happy