To access the Merchant Service Deposits screen, go to the Banking menu then select Record Merchant Service Deposit.
The screen has the following tabs:
- Add Online Payments: Shows payments that could not be matched to an existing invoice in QuickBooks. You can manually add these payments to be recorded in your bank account.
- Match existing payment by selecting Add Payment under the Actions column or by selecting multiple payments then Add Selected Payments.
- After adding a payment, you have the option to create an invoice by selecting Need Invoice? link. If you create an invoice here, you will need to apply the payment to the invoice by going to the Customers menu then Receive Payments.
- Ready To Record: Once all the transactions in a batch are matched and recorded, the batch will show up on this tab and you can record the batch as a deposit. If all the transactions in a batch have not been recorded, you will not be able to record the batch and will get the message Transactions Not Added.
- Recorded: This tab allows you to view and monitor transactions that were successfully recorded.
- Errors: Displays transactions that you need to manually record in QuickBooks. If one or more transactions in a batch are in this tab, the batch will not be recorded. This is to ensure that the amount in QuickBooks matches the amount reflected on your bank statement.