Learn how to delete your data in QuickBooks Online and start over with new books.
Sometimes you need to start fresh with a new QuickBooks Online company. If you're a new customer, you can simply start over. If you've used QuickBooks for a while, you need to create a new company.
Start over in QuickBooks Online
You don't need to start from scratch. Save time by reusing the lists from your old company. Learn how to move your lists to a new company file.
Your next steps depend on how long you've been using QuickBooks.
Cancel your account
If your company file is more than 90 days old
- If your QuickBooks company file is more than 90 days old, contact us to enable the purge feature.
- You'll then be able to purge any data present in the file. It takes 1-2 working days to have purge enabled. Please plan your activities accordingly.
If your company file is less than 90 days old
|Warning: This process will delete all data in the company file. Once you delete, you can’t restore it.|
To complete the process, follow the instructions below:
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online Company.
- Change the URL to include /purgecompany Example: Change https://sg.qbo.intuit.com/app/homepage to https://sg.qbo.intuit.com/app/purgecompany
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
- The next screen will provide a summary of the items to delete. Type YES to delete the data, then select OK.