Learn how to change the account you post payroll fees to
When payroll is transmitted, QuickBooks posts fees (such as monthly, employee or direct deposit fees) to a specific account. We show you how to assign the fees to a different account.
Payroll fees by default are posted to Payroll Expenses account.
- In QuickBooks, choose Employees, then Send Payroll Data.
- Select the Preferences button to open the Payroll Service Accounts window. Then select the appropriate choice using the drop-down arrow.
- Select Ok.
- Select Send. And enter the PIN.
Things to know
- If the Preferences button is missing, update QuickBooks to the latest release.
- You can only choose one Payroll Service Fees Account to which fees are posted.
- In the same window, you will be able to select the Bank Account where QuickBooks should post transactions returned by the payroll service (ex: Direct Deposit or Assisted).