QuickBooks HelpQuickBooksHelpIntuit

What happens to my QuickBooks Online data after I cancel?

SOLVEDby QuickBooks590Updated 1 year ago

Have your business needs changed? Have you decided to cancel your QuickBooks Online subscription? If so, there are few things you should know about the life of your QuickBooks Online data after you end your QuickBooks Online subscription.

What does canceling my subscription mean for my QuickBooks Online data?

When you cancel your QuickBooks Online subscription you have read-only access to your QuickBooks Online data for one year after you cancel your subscription.

Data availability and export polices after cancelation

• If you cancel during a free trial or if your trial expires, your data is available for 90 days.
  • If your credit card is declined, you have 14 days to update your billing information. During this time you have full access to QuickBooks Online. After that, your account is suspended and you will have to re-subscribe to access your data.
  • If you were subscribed to QuickBooks Online, you can export data to Excel or to a desktop version of QuickBooks up to a year after you cancel.
  • If your were using a trial version, you must export within 90 days after you cancel.
Tip: We recommend you export or print your data before you cancel.

Need more help?

To learn more about exporting data, check out Export reports, lists, and other data from QuickBooks Online.

While we are sad to see you go, we'll be here if you need us.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
QuickBooks Online AdvancedQuickBooks Online EssentialsQuickBooks Online PlusQuickBooks Online Simple Start

Sign in for the best experience

Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.

More like this