Your regular invoice will look different in GST regime. There are new GST tax invoicing rules for creating invoices in GST.
As per the rules, an invoice issued by a supplier must contain:\
- Name, address and GSTIN of supplier
- Consecutive invoice serial number with only alphabets and/or numerals, that are unique for a financial year.
- Name, address and GSTIN / Unique ID Number of the recipient, if registered under GST.
- Name and address of the address for delivery of products or services, if applicable with state code.
- HSN/SAC code for products and services respectively.
- Description of goods or services.
- Quantity or units of goods and/or services.
- Total value of goods or services.
- Taxable value of goods or services taking into account discount, if any.
- Tax rate (Under CGST, SGST or IGST)
- Amount of tax charged
- Place of supply along with the name of State - for supply in the course of inter-state trade or commerce.
- Place of delivery, if different from place of supply.
- Reverse tax, if applicable
Learn how to Customise Invoice for GST