Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 helpful vote

Import transactions from Mint

It's easy to import your transactions into our product. First, you'll export your transactions from Mint as a CSV (comma-separated values) file. Then you'll go to your Transactions page in our product and import the file.

To export your transactions from Mint:

  1. Sign in to your Mint account.
  2. Click the Transactions link at the top of any page.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the Transactions page.
  4. Click the Export all [#] transactions link to download a file called transactions.csv.

To import your transactions into our product:

  1. Sign in to  your QuickBooks Self-Employed account.
  2. Click Gear icon ().
  3. Click Imports in the drop-down menu
  4. Click the Import transactions from other sources link at the bottom left of the page.
  5. Choose the transactions.csv file that you downloaded from Mint and follow the instructions from there. 

If you don't see the link to import transactions from other sources, you likely already have a Cash account. Click Import older transactions to add the new transactions to the existing Cash account. 

Note: We strongly recommend that you only import transactions going back to January 1, 2014. Don't import the data earlier than that. (The tax tables begin with 2014. Sorry, we can't help you estimate taxes from 2013 or earlier!)

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post

Need to get in touch?

Contact us