- Open the file you want to export.
- Go to Company > Export Company File to QuickBooks Online.
- Follow the prompts to connect to QuickBooks Online.
Don't see the option to export? Update your QuickBooks Desktop. Here's how:
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks.
- Select all updates in the "Update Now" window, then Get Updates.
- Once the updates are complete, select Close, then File > Exit.
- Start QuickBooks again and finish installing the updates when prompted. These updates may take 15 minutes or more to install, depending on when QuickBooks was last updated.
Important: If the updates are not downloaded and installed completely, the export company link may not appear. If you're unable to complete the updates, here are the steps to fixing QuickBooks Desktop update errors.