The new sales tax feature looks at a variety of information to calculate your sales tax.
- The state where you have nexus and are registered to collect sales tax.
- The physical address of your business.
- The physical address on the sales receipt or invoice.
- The product mapping you have associated with the products or services you are selling.
- The exemption status of your customer.
Note: If you want to see a breakdown of taxes that were calculated, select the Sales tax link on your transaction.
The Automated Sales Tax (AST) center now displays your tax liability in either Accrual or Cash basis accounting. The taxes will be displayed based on the accounting method you have chosen in your company settings.