Learn where to get different QuickBooks Desktop troubleshooting tools.
We know things can break sometimes. But we’re here to help. Use this article to get to the QuickBooks Tool Hub. That’s where you can get any tool we have to help fix QuickBooks Desktop issues. Follow the steps in this article for these errors and issues:
- Company file issues
- Install issues or errors
- Networking errors
- PDF and printing errors
- QuickBooks crashing
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps fix common errors. For the best experience, we recommend using Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- Close QuickBooks.
- We recommend you download the most recent version (188.8.131.52) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop). Note: If you've already installed Tool Hub before, you can find out which version you have. Select the Home tab. The version will be displayed on the bottom right or you can select About to view the version.
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install finishes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Note: If you can't find the icon, do a search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the program.
Step 2: Use the tools on the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The hub is a launchpad for the tools you’ll use to fix your issue. Each tab has a set of tools for addressing different types of problems:
- Select the Company File Issues tab if you’re having error messages opening your company file such as 6XXX errors, missing or blank lists. This will open the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. If you need additional assistance, select Help on the company file tab.
- Select the Network Issues tab if you’re having problems with your network or your computers over a network such as error H202. You must be on your server computer.
- Select the Program Problems tab if you notice performance issues, problems opening the program, Error 6123 and program crashing/stopped working. We recommend using the Quick Fix my Program first. You can also use this tab to resolve common PDF and printing related issues.
- Select the Installation Issues tab if you’re having trouble installing, uninstalling or reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Password Reset tab if you need to reset your password.
Note: If the tool from the tool hub isn’t installed, it will automatically download it in the background. It can take 2-3 minutes to complete. Please be patient because if you close out of the install, the tool may not run.
Help improve our tools by providing feedback through the survey links in the QuickBooks Tool Hub.