The error Windows Administrator Required when opening QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is caused by any of the following factors:
- You are not logged in as the Windows Administrator
- Damaged Windows user
- Damaged Point of Sale installation
Solution 1: Run Point of Sale as Administrator
- Reboot your computer to ensure all processes are closed.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale icon on your Desktop, then select Run as Administrator.
Solution 2: Restart the QBPOS Database Manager
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the run command.
- Type in services.msc, then select OK.
- Right-click QBPOS Database Manager vXX (XX is the version of POS), then select Properties.
- Set the Startup type to Automatic.
- Restart the service.