Socket and IP response errors are usually caused by internet security issues or damaged installation during an update. Follow the steps below to resolve issues related to IP response.
Solution 1: Sign out of your Payments Account in Point of Sale on the server, then sign back in
Note: Make sure that you have your merchant account credentials before signing out.
- From the File menu, choose Setup Interview.
- Select the Payments tab.
- Choose Sign Out.
- Hit Sign In to sign back in.
Solution 2: Clean-up and verify company data
Solution 3: Clear cache and cookies of Internet Explorer
- On the upper right, select the gear icon. Choose Safety, then select Delete browsing history.
- Check the boxes for Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, and Form Data.Note: Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data, otherwise, the problematic data will remain.
- Select Delete.
Solution 4: Add Intuit on Internet Explorer's trusted sites
- Select the gear icon, then choose Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab, then choose Trusted Sites icon.
- Select the Sites button.
- Type in *.intuit.com.
- Uncheck the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone box.
- Select Add, then choose Close.
Solution 5: Configure Firewall Ports
For a detailed instruction on how to perform this, visit Firewall configuration for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
Solution 6: Lower UAC and repair Point of Sale
To lower UAC
- Open the Windows Control Panel, then select System and Security.
- Select Action Center.
- On the left pane, select Change User Account Control Settings.
- Slide the vertical bar down to Never notify, then choose OK.
To repair Point of Sale
Follow the steps outlined in Repair QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.