When trying to send payroll data or direct deposit paychecks, you receive one of the following messages:
- Payroll Service Server Error. Please try again later. If this problem persists, please contact Intuit Technical Support.
- Payroll Connection Error
- Error: QuickBooks Desktop has encountered a problem sending your usage data.
The error can be caused by one or more of the following:
- Invalid security certificate.
- Sending in multi-user mode.
- A network time-out prevents QuickBooks Desktop from accessing the server.
- General Internet connection issues.
- Internet security and personal firewall software settings.
- Incorrect system date and time properties.
Follow these troubleshooting steps to resolve service server or connection error.
These steps generally resolve payroll service connection errors. Try performing one of these before you proceed to the next steps: