Utilize the original Transaction Log file and ADR version of the company file to recover all recent transactions.
- Create a new folder on your Desktop named QBTest.
- Open the folder where the company file is saved.
Tip: You can check the location of the company file on the Product Information screen (press F2 or Ctrl+1 on your keyboard) and No Company Open Window.
- Look for the .tlg file in your company file's folder. It has the same name as your company file.Show file extensions
If you cannot identify the .tlg file, perform these to show file extensions.
- To open File Explorer press Windows+E on your keyboard.
- Select Organize, then choose Folder and search options.
For Windows 10, 8.1 & 8: Choose View, then select File name extension.
- Select Hide extensions for known file types.
- Select Apply, then OK.
- Copy the corresponding .tlg file of your company file, and paste it to the QBTest folder on your Desktop.
- Open the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder. It is in the same location as your company file.
- Copy the .QBW.adr file and paste it to the QBTest Folder. You should now have a .QBW.adr and .tlg file on your QBTest folder.
- In your QBTest folder, right-click the .QBW.adr file and select Rename.
- Delete .adr at the end of the file.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Open the company file that is saved on your QBTest folder. Use your account register to verify all transactions are there.
- Select File > Utilities > Verify Data to check the data integrity of the recovered file.
- If this copy of the company file is good, you can move the damaged company file to a different location and transfer the copy from QBTest to the original location.