- From the QuickBooks File menu, select Utilities > Condense Data.
- Select Yes to the message Budget data may be moved during cleanup. Do you want to continue anyway?
- In the Condense Data window, select Transactions before a specific date.
- Use the Date field to select a date. QuickBooks will remove closed transactions on or before the date you choose.
Note: If you track inventory, it’s best to make the date the last day of the month. That way, your average cost for items will remain correct.
- Select Next.
- Select a method to summarize the transactions you're removing then Next. If you're not sure, select Help me choose.
- (Optional) Select any of the checkboxes for the dialog boxes that follow then select Next.
- Select Begin Condense.