- From the Accountant menu > Batch Enter Transactions.
- Select the appropriate Transaction Type and Account.
- Open the spreadsheet containing the transactions you need to record in QuickBooks Desktop. Arrange the columns in your spreadsheet to match the order of the columns in the Batch Enter Transactions window.
- Highlight the information, right-click, then select Copy.
- On the Batch Enter Transactions window, right-click the first date field, and select Paste.
Note: Details will turn red if they are currently not listed in the company file. Select the detail in red and select Quick Add or Set Up.
I want to add multiple split lines on my transaction
Split transactions allows you to add a single or more additional split lines to a transaction.
- Highlight the transaction that you want to add split lines to.
- Select the Split button.
- Enter the required information for each split in a separate line.
- Select OK to return to the Batch Enter Transactions window.
- Repeat steps a-d for each transaction with multiple split lines.Note: Alternatively, you can separate one transaction into two or more separate transactions by entering them with the same transaction number on the original spreadsheet. This will help avoid manual data entry.
I want to use Class
You can customize your columns to add "Class" in the Enter Batch Transactions screen. In order for the "Class" to remain associated with an item on a transaction, the item must be selected prior to selecting the class. This applies to all forms and transaction entries. If a "Class" is selected prior to an Item, the "Class" will be removed when the Item is selected.
- Select Save Transactions then Yes on the Confirm Account screen.