Learn how to unreconcile an individual transaction from a completed reconciliation.
If you reconciled a transaction by mistake, don't worry. Follow these steps to remove individual transactions you added to reconciliations by mistake.
Keep in mind, even small changes can unbalance your accounts. To minimise the impact, you can only unreconcile transactions one at a time. If you need to completely start over, reach out to your accountant. Only accountants can undo entire reconciliations.
Before changing anything, make sure you're making the right changes. We always recommend talking to your accountant if you're unsure. There are a few reasons for unreconciling a transaction. You reconciled it by accident, or it's an error and needs to be deleted.
Review the opening, beginning, and ending balances for the account holding the transaction. This will help you decide if you need to make changes.
Step 2: Unreconcile a transaction
When you know what you need to change, here's how to edit and unreconcile the transaction:
- Go to the Accounting menu.
- Select Chart of Accounts.
- Find the account holding the transaction. Then select Account history.
- Select the transaction you want to unreconcile to expand the view.
- Review the check column. If the transaction is reconciled, you’ll see an “R.”
- Select the checkbox. This changes the letter in the box. Keep selecting it until the box is blank. This removes the transaction from the reconciliation.
- Select Save.
- Close the account register.
Next steps: Fix other reconcilation errors
Your accounts should now be balanced and accurate. If you made an adjustment to a past reconciliation, or still have problems with your reconciliation, reach out to your accountant. This can get tricky and they know how to handle the next steps. Don't have an accountant? We can help you find one.
Learn more about reconciling and related errors.