The Clean Up Company Data Utility repairs transaction and list damage in your company file. You may need to run the utility to resolve the following issues:
- Missing data after an update is applied
- Running Verify Data ends with a data damage message
- Opening a program list takes longer to open than usual
- Pulling up a form or report displays incorrectly
The Clean up utility helps:
- Compress your data and makes the file size much smaller.
- Data file to run more quickly.
- Repair various list damages in POS.
- Remove older history and non-history documents which allows larger data file to run efficiently.
This process may take some time depending on your company data file size. Your computer and QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale may look unresponsive but if your mouse pointer still moves, the cleanup still runs.
Strictly follow these guidelines before running the cleanup company data utility:
Follow these steps to run the clean up company data in Point of Sale:
- From the File menu, select Utilities, then choose Clean Up Company Data.
- Put a check mark on the Compress data box and select OK after the warning message.
- (Optional) In the Non-history documents window, select the list you want to remove from your file then select Next.
- (Optional) In the History documents and other data window, select the data you want to remove and the date, then choose Next.
- In the Proceed with Cleanup window, select Cleanup and wait until the cleanup ran completely.
- If you get an error, run a second clean up with compress data option checked.