Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) are your company's password for your Payroll Service. These PINs are issued for your company's security to prevent unauthorized transactions from your bank account.
You will need your PIN to:
- Transmit your payroll to your payroll service.
- Access the Payroll Tax Center (PTC) to view and/or print tax returns that Assisted Payroll files for you.
- Access your company's Account Maintenance pages to change your bank account number.
If you customize your PIN, it should be unique and should be between 8-12 characters, contain one (1) number and one (1) letter, no special characters such as $ % #, etc.
There are two (2) options available in QuickBooks Desktop for you to change or customize your PIN.
Change or Customize your current PIN in Account Maintenance Pages
To change or customize your current PIN in Account Maintenance pages, you must have your current PIN because the system requires that you enter your current (or old) PIN in order to create a new one.
- Choose Employees > My Payroll Service > Billing/Bank Information.
- Under Service Information, click Change next to My PIN.
- Enter the information in required fields.
- Click Submit.
Change or Customize your current PIN in Send Payroll Data window
To change or customize your current PIN in Send Payroll data window, the following are required:
- You must have your Admin Log in and password. Your Admin password must be longer than seven characters.
- Pin must be 8 to 12 characters and contain one (1) number and one (1) letter, no special characters such as $ % #, etc.
- You have successfully sent payroll in the past from the computer and data file you are currently using.
To change or customize your current PIN, follow these steps.
- Log in to QuickBooks Desktop as Admin (an Admin user must be set up in QuickBooks Desktop).
- At the top toolbar of QuickBooks Desktop, click Employees > Send Payroll Data.
- In the Send/Receive Payroll Data window, click the Send button.
- In the Payroll Service PIN window, click Forgot your PIN?
- Enter your Admin password in the Password field.
- Click OK. The Enter New PIN window opens.
- Enter a new PIN when prompted.
- Click Submit button.
Note: If you cannot remember your old or current PIN or unable to change your PIN in QuickBooks Desktop, see instructions below for replacing a lost or forgotten PIN.