When getting program or payroll updates, you receive the error Server not responding.
You will be able to download the latest payroll or QuickBooks updates.
Your computer is connected to the Internet.
This problem may be caused by:
- Internet Connection issues: Loss of your connection to or slowness of the Internet.
- System Resources: Too many programs running on your computer system.
There isn't a single process for correcting the error, since it can be caused by components outside of QuickBooks.
Here are some possible solutions:
- QuickBooks will keep trying until the update Completes or Errors out. Click the Ignore button if it appears.
- Check the status on the right for error messages.
- Stop the updates and retry.
- Close any other open programs to free up system resources.
- Check your Internet connection.
- Restart your computer and try the update again.
- If downloading a QuickBooks product update, reset the product update.