Learn how vendor credits are applied in Online Bill Pay.
A vendor credit is used in QuickBooks Online to either record returns to vendors or refunds from vendors. In this article, we'll explain more about applying Vendor Credits in Online Bill Pay.
If a vendor issues you a credit, you can apply that credit manually in the Credit Applied column in Online Bill Pay.
Things to know:
- As of August 18, 2017, vendor credits are fully supported. (Note: All vendor credits created within QuickBooks and the Incoming Bills page, are eligible to be used toward bills on the Pay Bills Online page.)
- If there are no vendor credits available, it will say Not available.
- If an amount is entered that is greater than the available vendor credits, then an error will be displayed.
- Vendor Credits applied can't be unapplied or deleted by the customer.
- Voiding a payment won't unapply or delete the vendor credit.
For related information, check out the following:
Set up a live video appointment or message your QuickBooks-certified bookkeeper whenever you need help. Learn more about QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping.