Learn how to write cheques in QuickBooks Online.
Creating cheques lets you track expenses, and helps organize your chequing account and bank statement reconciliation.
How to write a cheque
- Select + New.
- Under Supplier, select Cheque.
- Choose the Payee from the drop-down list.
- Specify the Bank Account where the money will be withdrawn.
- Complete the cheque fields. (Note: The Memo field is optional. Text you enter in the Memo field appears in the Account history, on printed cheques, and on reports that include this cheque).
- Select the Print or Preview option if you want to print the cheque.
- Select Save and close or Save and new.
|Tip: If you have a lot of cheques to write, it is easier to either enter them from the Account history, or download transactions directly from the bank.|