Note: Item and item description appears in Open Purchase Orders Detail report in QuickBooks Premier/Enterprise version 13 and later.
If you use QuickBooks Pro or QuickBooks for Mac, you can run a Transaction Detail report.
- From the Reports menu, select Custom Reports then click Transaction Detail.
- Click Customize Report.
- On the Display tab, select Item and Item Description under the Column section.
- On the Filters tab, select the following filters:
- Transaction Type = Purchase Order
- Posting Status = Either
- Received = No for open Purchase Orders
- Received = Yes for closed Purchase Orders.
In QuickBooks for Mac, click the Filters icon then check or uncheck a filter to add/delete it. Click Apply and close the window to save the changes.