Learn how to add or remove your accountant in QuickBooks Online.
Your accountant can be your best work partner. You can give your accountant access to your QuickBooks Online company file and accounting info. This lets them review your books, make corrections, and fix any tricky transactions. It also makes it easier to collaborate, especially during tax season.
This gives your accountant access to your books and accounting info. They also have accountant-specific tools to help them with their reviews.
Need help finding an accountant?
If you do not have an accountant, we can help by connecting you with a ProAdvisor. ProAdvisors are certified QuickBooks Online Accountant users who can be searched and consulted by using our Find-a-ProAdvisor program:
If you don't want your accountant to have access to your books anymore, you can remove them:
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online as a primary admin.
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Manage users.
- Select the Accounting firms tab.
- Find the accountant you want to remove.
- Select the small arrow dropdown ▼ in the Action column and then Delete.
- Select Delete to confirm.