When starting QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale on a client computer, you receive the following error:
POS Message 181002: The Server Workstation is not running or the company data is not accessible
You may get this error if:
- The Server workstation is not running
- The POS database service manager is not running and is unable to login your file.
For best results, perform the solutions in the order shown.
Solution 1: Restart the database manager from your Server workstation
If Point of Sale is running in the Server workstation, close the program before following these steps.
- On the Server workstation, select the Windows Start button, then type Services.msc in the search field.
- Double-click the QBPOS Database Manager X. If there is more than one, select the highest version you see.
- Go to the General tab, then select Automatic from the Startup type field.
- Select the Stop, then the Start button to restart the service status.
- Go to the Log On tab.
- Open Point of Sale from both Server and Client workstation.
Solution 2: Troubleshoot multi user issues in Point of Sale