QuickBooks now has a new Invoices tab (also known as Invoice Tracker) under the Sales section. With the invoice tracker you will be
- Able to keep a track of the latest status of the invoice once you send it.
- Track receipts that are undeposited and those that have been deposited into your bank account.
- Guided to take the required action on the invoice to get paid sooner.
Do note that the invoice tracker pertains to –
- Invoices only.
- Status of invoices, viz.
|Deposited (only into an account of the type Bank)|
Using Invoice Tracker
- Click into the Status column of an invoice to the expand the section and view the tracker.
- Click the tracker again to close it.
- The tick shows only if the operation mentioned has taken place. For instance, if an invoice has been e-mailed, it will show a tick in Sent. If not, the disc stays shaded.
- The tracker shows the latest activity with a green tick.
- It can only track invoices, payments and deposits (into a cash/bank account while receiving the payment or from undeposited funds).
- Depositing into undeposited funds is NOT considered a deposit.
- Payment transaction numbers will NOT be displayed in the tracker.
- Clicking a payment will not open it.